BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Feedback - Quarter 1 Goals

Two highlights from the first week of school.
Well, one is "Socratic Seminar"and another is the book Outsiders.
First of all, I was surprised to the idea of Socratic Seminar,
because I hadn't done a big discussion like that before.
At the first discussion, and also today's discussion (Aug,13)
I wasn't able to speak like everyone else does.
I was very quiet, shy and had no opinions.
So my first goals for 1st quarter is to "speak up in Socratic Seminar and
be able to join in the conversation."
Secondly, the book Outsiders. I had a very hard time
reading that book, because I hadn't read that kind of book when
I was in ESL last year. I was also surprised to the book, because there was
many idioms and slangs that I didn't know.
So the second goals for the 1st quarter is to improve my reading level.
I want to understand the book easily and mostly
I want to be able to read a book FASTER!!

My first impression to humanities.
My first impression was "nervous"
I was very nervous to study with everyone else
who speaks English fluently.
But now I'm OK.
Actually I'm very happy now.
Because I can learn many things from them.

0 comments: